Form Guides to Improve Your Strength
Inspired by some of the insane feats of strength on centre stage at the weight-lifting in the Olympics, here are some Guides to help improve your strength:
To start with, make sure you're doing the right exercises at the right intensity. Not sure what you should be doing? Well here is a simple guide to the 5 moves to make you stronger.
Squat - initially ensure that you have good form before adding weight to the movement; you can start using only your own body weight as resistance and will still benefit from the exercise. Check out this form guide to learn the best squat technique.
Deadlift - this is an essential lift for improving your lower body strength and also an excellent way to build your core strength. This form guide has a video demo of technique, so check it out.
Military Press - this is a lift which will build your shoulder strength and your triceps. This will improve your bench press too as it is a compound move, for more details here's the form guide.
Bench Press - this lift is possibly the best known lift to beginners after the infamous bicep curl! Unlike the curl, however, this compound movement will work groups of muscles; key focus on chest, triceps and core. Make sure you're doing it right and learn good technique in the form guide.
Chin ups and pull ups - great for the whole upper body, especially the back. Simple body weight exercise which can have increased resistance by adding weights. Find out more about the biomechanics in the form guide.
So go forth Tribesports and get STRONG!
- Le Tour de Tribesports - Winners Announced!
- Final Weekend of Le Tour de Tribesports
- Tribesports User of the Week: Joanne H
- Le Tour de Tribesports Sprint Stage Winners!
- Run, Pedal, Run - why you should take up Duathlon this weekend!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Mark G
- Weekend Cycle Sprint Stage
- Tribesports User of the Week: Daniel H
- Run and Log to Unlock New Colors!
- NEW FEATURE: Team Challenges and Auto-Updates