Girls vs Boys: The Results
On Tuesday the race to 1000km cycling began and we never expected the battle of the sexes to be fought so closely and so quickly; we'd thought it was a marathon - turns out to have been a heart-stopping sprint finish!
A nail-biting day ensued yesterday after the number of people taking the Challenge more than doubled and the total figures were already over the halfway point of 500km each: for possibly the first time in Tribesports history we had a deadline which people were considering bunking off work for! Ben R and Rose K sat panic ridden at desks, desperate to leave the office and rack up some miles for their perspective teams.
There was attempted sabotage in the Tribesports office when the boys tried to lock the girls' bikes away whilst pedalling furiously on the exercise bike; full respect goes out to Will R who exchanged his swivel chair for the bike at his desk and proved once and for all that boys can multi-task.
Everything was looking strong for the girls team at the beginning of the Challenge but we have to admit that the arrival of David G was a game changer - this cycling machine added a total of 148.36km - Thighs Like Hoy anyone?
It was neck and neck throughout this epic race, no team ever exceeded the other by more that 100km and any larger lead was often short lived with the likes of Josie M using any old excuse to get out on her bike.
It was Jono W's 50km whilst topped the 1000km for the boys for which he is now crowned King Lad for the the week - well done Jono!
Once again we underestimated the awesome power of Team Tribesports, we didn't even get to see Adam S add his distance from his coast to coast Challenge or Amanda B's from her sportive - NEVER FEAR THE GRUDGE MATCH IS HERE!!
Want to get involved in more Girls vs Boys Challenges? Check out round 2 of the cycling which is the Girls vs Boys GRUDGE MATCH - Race to 10,000km!
- New layout on our store - make sure you can still find the community!
- 5 Superfoods to Boost Your Workout (Backed by Science!)
- Winner of the #ownyourmarks vote
- The Importance of a Rest Day
- Vote for September's #OwnYourMarks Winner!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Monica S
- How Fitness has helped me cope with Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
- National Fitness Campaign: Fitness Court Challenge
- Tribesports User of the Week: Al W
- TechBikers Ride Paris to London for Room to Read