Monday Inspiration: Corinne Ellison
2 years ago, Corinne Ellison was lying in hospital after extensive heart surgery, yesterday she took on the Challenge of a lifetime and ran in the Austrian Ironman!
Why? I get asked this all the time. In usual circumstances, you could say the extreme element to the challenge makes it appealing. The feeling of satisfaction about pushing your body to the limit. It’s also actually enjoyable to train long and slow in all three disciplines. For me, the real reason for wanting to do Ironman is to prove to myself that anything is possible. I believed this before the diagnosis of my heart condition but afterwards, that confidence slipped away somewhat. I needed a clear positive goal that I knew would help me through the tough months of recovery.
The 29-year-old nurse and mid-wife underwent surgery for a congenital heart defect in 2010 but has not let that stop her from pursuing her triathlon and marathon passions, having completed 4 marathons and many triathlons.
We thought that her story was worth sharing and eagerly await her race report, in the meantime we're giving her a shout out as our #Monday Inspiration!
Here's Corinne at the finish line!
Julia U, Jonathan H and 36 othersJulia U, Jonathan H, Claire C, Jo V, Sonu K, Kirstin M, Tony G, Manu S, Jack A, Neil C, Beth H, Susan R, Irfan Q, Malachy K, Diana J, Ashleigh R, Jack M, Laura N, Laura N, Carys H, Adrian K, Joanne H, Teresa D, Keith G, Huiching L, Jamie C, Paul N, Elaine J, Carol Ann B, Karen M, Pete D, Arnaud L, Olivia Z, Davina M, Eoin O, Ben R, Joyce P and Paddy N encouraged this.
- Le Tour de Tribesports - Winners Announced!
- Final Weekend of Le Tour de Tribesports
- Tribesports User of the Week: Joanne H
- Le Tour de Tribesports Sprint Stage Winners!
- Run, Pedal, Run - why you should take up Duathlon this weekend!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Mark G
- Weekend Cycle Sprint Stage
- Tribesports User of the Week: Daniel H
- Run and Log to Unlock New Colors!
- NEW FEATURE: Team Challenges and Auto-Updates