Monday Inspiration: Most Decorated Olympic Athletes
It's been like a bull in a record store this Olympics, with world and Olympic records being broken practically every day!
Check out the 4 most successful Olympians of all time and then check out our 5 tips on securing your own Tribesports medals:
Michael Phelps - USA
The Flying Fish is now the most successful Olympian of all time, taking this title in his third Olympics. If Phelps were a country he would currently be in tenth place - only counting this Olympics (his least successful so far) and third if we count his medals from previous games!
18 Golds, 2 Silvers and 2 Bronze medals!
Larisa Latynina - Soviet Union
After holding the title of the most successful Olympian for an amazing 48 years before Phelps splashed onto the scene! Still acknowledged as the legend who lead the Soviet country's dominance in gymnastics, she is still the most successful female Olympic athlete.
9 Golds, 5 Silvers and 4 Bronze medals!
Nikolai Andrianov - Soviet Union
Nikolai Andrianov held the men's medal record for 28 years and was surpassed by Phelps in the 2008 Olympics. At the 1980 Moscow Olympics, Andrianov took the Olympic Oath, representing the athletes in the opening ceremony.
7 Golds, 5 Silver and 3 Bronze medals!
Boris Shakhlin - Soviet Union
The predecessor to Andrianov and another Soviet gymnast. Competing at the same time as Larisa Latynina and so was another key member is the team that put the Soviet Union on the gymnastics map!
7 Golds, 4 Silvers and 2 Bronze medals!
Want to get your hands on more medals yourself?
Since the release of the Tribesports medals, there has been more gold, silver and bronze on site than even Michael Phelp's neck can carry!! Here are 4 tips to make sure your trophy cabinet is gleaming with all the right metals:
- if you've got great ideas for new Challenges then create it
- share your passion for your sport in new Tribe discussions
SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE
- answer the questions of other Tribesports users
- create guides to help people complete their Challenges, along with sharing nutrition and recovery tips!
- if you would recommend your kit to others - then share your reviews
- think your friends would love TS too? Then tell them!
- see something you like? Then encourage it!
- impressed with someone's achievement? Then comment and show them some TS love!
- keep inspiring your friends on Tribesports by chatting on their walls!
- Tribesports main goal is to get our community active - so get out there and complete those Challenges!!
- Vote on you next Sweat & Save Challenge!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Paul M
- End of August: Free Global Shipping!
- Tribesports User of the Week: Loren O
- Strength & Stability Workout: Perfect for Cyclists
- #OwnYourMarks Winner: @emmajvc
- Tribesports User of the Week: Jennifer P
- The H.I.I.T Man Workout
- Le Tour de Tribesports - Winners Announced!
- Final Weekend of Le Tour de Tribesports