Roomi S continuous: 45..
The chair dip challenge is great for putting your physical and mental strength-endurance to the test. The aim is 100 chair dips without stopping. Chair dips are great for toning your upper body and arm muscle groups. I use them to help keep my arms toned and in shape :-) Weight bearing exercises such as this are also good for increasing strength and the great thing about these are you can practice them just about anywhere - So no excuses!!
To perform a chair dip:
• Sit on the edge of a sturdy chair with your hands holding the front edge pointing forward with legs in a chair pose, soles of your feet flat to the floor.
• Make sure that your hands are shoulder width apart and your shoulders and hips are in a vertical line.
• Lower your body off the edge of the chair until upper arms are parallel to the floor – maintain a 90 degree bend in your arm and no lower.
• Straighten arms and bring yourself back up to the starting position – keep as straight as possible without locking your arms and try use your legs as little as possible.
Now you have completed one chair dip!!
I use this video to help me with my technique, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKjcgfu44sI. This is the perfect exercise to practice on your lunch break increasing your endurance each time to hit that 100 target!
100 chair dips Challenge rules
- Not all types of physical activity are suitable for everyone. Users take Challenges and training advice at their own personal risk.
“If you exercise regularly, this challenge should not be difficult. I started out at 3 sets of 15 reps each on the first day. On my alternate day I increased the number of sets to 4 at 25 reps each. The burn was excruciating and I felt really pumped. It's a good addition to your normal exercise routine.”
Show new updates
Isabelle C encouraged this.
Emma P Haha i took this challenge when i first signed up to tribesports!!! 2 years ago!!!!! just finally completed 100 non stop chair dips!!!!!!
Amanda C encouraged this.
Terry G encouraged this.
Paola D 100 dips. I can't believe I finally did it. Wasn't even planning on trying this today. Starting do it and I felt good so I kept going.
Katrina P Actually finally completed this challenge the other day (22/11/13). I think I've been working on dips for sometime now so I finally built up the strength to do all 100 in a row. So happy! :)
Crystal M encouraged this.
Katrina P Not exactly done this challenge yet. Logged 100 dips but not all in a row. I guess I didn't read the rules right. Too bad. Oh well, I am sure I will get this challenge done soon! :)
Christina W encouraged this.
Mark D encouraged this.
Why not ask for some advice from other Challenge takers, or read some of the Challenge guides first?OK, I'll keep working at it!