The chair dip challenge is great for putting your physical and mental strength-endurance to the test. The aim is 100 chair dips without stopping. Chair dips are great for toning your upper body and arm muscle groups. I use them to help keep my arms toned and in shape :-) Weight bearing exercises such as this are also good for increasing strength and the great thing about these are you can practice them just about anywhere - So no excuses!!
To perform a chair dip:
• Sit on the edge of a sturdy chair with your hands holding the front edge pointing forward with legs outstretched, just the back of your heels on the floor
• Make sure that your hands are shoulder width apart and your shoulders and hips are in a vertical line.
• Lower your body off the edge of the chair until upper arms are parallel to the floor – maintain a 90 degree bend in your arm and no lower.
• Straighten arms and bring yourself back up to the starting position – keep as straight as possible without locking your arms and try use your legs as little as possible.
Now you have completed one chair dip!!
100 chair dips with legs extended Challenge rules
- Not all types of physical activity are suitable for everyone. Users take Challenges and training advice at their own personal risk.
Show new updates
Lisa B encouraged this.
Kirstin M encouraged this.
David B Tried this the other day and only got to 60. I had just completed a tricep workout when I thought of it. Gice it a few days and I'll conquer it!!
Rich D After breakfast I tried completing this, argh... i cant... :( I wont try this after a meal from now on.. :D
Greg R encouraged this.
Stephen M oh dear......34 in and I had to stop! Need tp work on this and maybe find 50 Dips Challenge, then 75
Shantanoo B encouraged this.
Michiel H Why I ask, do I do these things. What's wrong with doing a take-away every day and end up on television in the fattest loser?
Sarah L encouraged this.
Why not ask for some advice from other Challenge takers, or read some of the Challenge guides first?OK, I'll keep working at it!