Louise F It's true - little and often works wonders. My example is taking a 15 min round trip including 2x96 steps to get myself a coffee (compared to the 'lazy' option of a 5 mins round trip, no stairs!)
So after a 15 month health hiccup, I need to change my thinking from lazy to active but how do I do that when even a walk to the shops takes an inordinate amount of energy and discipline?
By changing small things in everyday life. These may seem obvious and even patronising but by joining this challenge, you vow to not take the easy route for 1 month.
This applies to all fitness and is free!
A Little a Day Keeps the Doctor Away - 1 month of everyday fitness Challenge rules
- 1. Always take the stairs and walk up escalators.
- 2. Leave the car at home when possible.
- 3. Always go for a walk at lunch even if it is just around the block.
- 4. Get of the bus/ tube a stop earlier when possible.
- Not all types of physical activity are suitable for everyone. Users take Challenges and training advice at their own personal risk.
Show new updates
Nick B encouraged this.
Emma M created the A Little a Day Keeps the Doctor Away - 1 month of everyday fitness Challenge
Why not ask for some advice from other Challenge takers, or read some of the Challenge guides first?OK, I'll keep working at it!
Go running everyday for one month
35 takers • 25% completed
Eat Brown Rice Instead of White Rice everyday for 365 days
3 takers • 0% completed
Eat Brown Rice Instead of White Rice everyday for 7days
5 takers • 42% completed