Tyr V I will give this a try. Looks like a lot of fun
This challenge is a full body strength and conditioning workout geared toward beginner level calisthenics practitioners. It consists of 5 exercises performed for 5 reps each as described in the rules.
Once you can complete the circuit 5 times in a row, move on to the intermediate version.
Al Kavadlo's 5x5 Bodyweight Beginner Calisthenics Workout Challenge rules
- Exercises are to be performed with proper form and a full range of motion.
- Keep rest between exercises to a minimum.
- 5 Australian Pull-ups
- 5 Split Squats (right leg)
- 5 Split Squats (left leg)
- 5 Lying Knee Tucks
- 5 Push-ups
- Not all types of physical activity are suitable for everyone. Users take Challenges and training advice at their own personal risk.
“Done 5x5 beginner 5 days running Felt great doing it, not sure if I am ready for the intermediate yet so I will keep doing the beginner while throwing in a few intermediates as well”
Show new updates
Pamela J encouraged this.
Eunice Y encouraged this.
Mitz P answered the question how often to try this? everyday or should we have rest days?
As it is not high rep/sets, you can get away with doing this everyday if you wanted to.
Why not ask for some advice from other Challenge takers, or read some of the Challenge guides first?OK, I'll keep working at it!