Janet A April: Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey: The Lost Legacy of Highclere Castle, Under the Olive Tree, 30 days of Paleolithic Breakfasts, Vegas Sunrise
Some people read very quickly, and I am not one of them!...So for those of you who can devour 4 books in a month easy peasy - then this challenge is for you!
Go on you know you can and you know you want to!!
Book Worms read on!..... Read 4 books in any month. Challenge rules
- Just read 4 books in a new month.
- Any month / every month if you like , thats entirely up to you...but you can only 'complete' this challenge once!
- Not all types of physical activity are suitable for everyone. Users take Challenges and training advice at their own personal risk.
“Oct 2012 : princess by jean sasson can love happen twice by ravinder jain wise and otherwise by sudha murty confessions of a shopaholic by sophie kinsella”
Show new updates
Tiffany G Apparently I've got too much time on my hands (or I'm just not sleeping enough...), because I've just started number four...
Kate N I've just finished my 4th book, but now need to quit this challenge as part of the 'anti-challenge' challenge. I'll probably do it again in another month though as I love reading. My 4 books were:
(1) Jodi Picoult - House Rules
(2) Thula Thula - Annelie Botes - very graphic but compelling read about a child sexually abused by her father. Disturbing.
(3) Long Shot - Sylvia Harris - Autobiography about a bipolar black woman jockey and the challenges that she went through before winning her first race.
(4) Under the Knife - Tess Gerritsen - Medical thriller. Very readable, though I found the romantic sub-plot a bit cheesy.
Duane B 6 days in and I've read 2 books already. So far I have completed one book from the rogue angel series and Dragonlance Heroes volume one: the Legend of Huma. I'm currently working on Volume three of the Dragonlance Hereos books. Only about 40 pages in so far, but that will change quickly.
Tiffany G Only a few days in and one book down already :D Re-reading the Song of Ice and Fire series, just finished A Storm of Swords: Steel and Snow.
Matteo R I've read these books in January: Henri Bergson - Essay on the meaning of comic, Isaac Asimov - The Stars Like Dust and The Caves of Steel, Anna Guglielmi - The Secret Language of Face
Milos L encouraged this.
Rebecca M I'm an English student so this challenge is my work ha ha!
4 books read in January:
The Monk - Matthew Lewis
Northanger Abbey - Jane Austen
The Mysteries of Udolpho - Ann Radcliffe
Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell (this one was just for fun but oh my gosh, what an amazing read! The film's coming out soon too!)
Suki N encouraged this.
Allan J Four books read in January:
Iron Crowned, Richelle Mead
The Awakeners, Sheri S Tepper
Hunt the Moon, Karen Chance
Fury's Kiss, Karen Chance
Natalie K 4 in January:
1. Room by Emma Donoghue
2. Casper tghe Commuting Cat by Susan Finden
3. These Things Hiiden by Heather Gudenkauf
4. Scared Weird Frozen Guy by Rusty Berther
Rebecca M encouraged this.
1. Secret Daughter (finished Jan 7)
2. Living the Good Life (finished Jan 15)
3. Learn to Balance your Life (finished Jan 17)
4. How it Feels When a Parent Dies (finished Jan 19)
James S Yet again haven't completed this challenge. Just got a Kobo and reading Neil Young's Waging Heavy Peace which is good so far. Let's see how I do this month!
James S So far for this month I am reading Dexter is Delicious by Jeff Lindsay & A Series Of Unfortunate Events Book 2: The Reptile Room by Lemony Snicket!
James S I finished three books last month. I already posted about reading The Hunger Games Trilogy books 2 & 3, the third book I read was Under The Overpass by Mike Yankowski. All three were really good! I did one book better then the month before, lets see if September is the month I complete this challenge!
James S Finished reading Mockingjay by Suzanna Collins so thats two down. I love The Hunger Games Trilogy, great reads! I saw The Hunger Games movie first before I read the book. It was good but the books are way better. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the movies for books two and three!
Why not ask for some advice from other Challenge takers, or read some of the Challenge guides first?OK, I'll keep working at it!