David B Did you know:
1. That the skin is the largest organ in the body?
2. That the Mitochondria are the building blocks of the cells. Mitochondria are sometimes described as "cellular power plants" because they generate most of the cell's supply of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), used as a source of chemical energy.
3. That when a cell splits it is known as Mitosis. Your cells are constanly mitosing enabling gowth of muscle, bone, fat and all other parts of the body.
4. That the hyoid bone is a horseshoe-shaped bone situated in the anterior midline of the neck between the chin and the thyroid cartilage. It is anchored by muscles from the anterior, posterior and inferior directions, and aids in tongue movement and swallowing.
5. The liver is the only part of the body that when a part of it is removed it can grow back. Not all of the tissue will return and this depends on the amount of tissue removed or severity of disease.