Sue B Done. I did it the right way all along except for my feet being wider than recommended. Thanks.
Your boxing "Stance" is the positioning of your feet when you are in the ring. In order to get into your stance for the first time you must do the following:
- face a wall or preferably a mirror at a moderate distance.
- take three normal steps forward off of your weaker foot (first step with the left if you are right handed/footed)
- angle both feet at 45 degrees from the wall directly in front of you, and stand on the balls of your feet, heels off the floor, knee’s flexed.
- you should have see roughly enough space horizontally between your feet for someone to be able to roll a tennis through your legs from the direction you are faceing.
- shift your hips until your centre of gravity is somewhere near the back foot forming a stable triangle between your front foot, your centre of gravity, and your back foot.
Learn how to get into your Stance - the basics Challenge rules
- Not all types of physical activity are suitable for everyone. Users take Challenges and training advice at their own personal risk.
Training for the following exercises will be automatically logged against this Challenge:
“This was one of the lessons on my first day of boxing training last December.”
Show new updates
Russ B Tendency to have my feet too close together. Will practice this until my body knows where to go, not my mind.
Why not ask for some advice from other Challenge takers, or read some of the Challenge guides first?OK, I'll keep working at it!