Warren K encouraged this.
We all have to start somewhere!
Ride Your First Wave Challenge rules
- Not all types of physical activity are suitable for everyone. Users take Challenges and training advice at their own personal risk.
“Still a lot of training and practice to get through to master this but after my first lesson - I'm in love! Now I need to find time to drive 2 hours to get the beach every week if I can. What a great feeling though. :)”
Show new updates
1. paddling technique is important because you will tire yourself out, possibly strain something, etc etc..
2. pushups, pull ups and general upper body toning is good. If you can't get a proper paddling technique under your belt then raw strengt...
I have had that experience since I was 13. So I will give you the skinny on what I have learned over the years .
1. paddling technique is important because you will tire yourself out etc etc..
2. pushups, pull ups and general upper body toning i...
Russell G encouraged this.
I've only been surfing twice and both times the waves were far to big for me. I get tired quickly paddling and I think it is because I don't know the correct way to paddle. My friends always shoot by the break and I get stuck in the set. So far my...
Hilary P encouraged this.
Jack A answered the question What's the best way to prevent shoulder injuries as an avid surfer?
I used to have problems with my rotator cuff until I spent a long time trying to build the muscles around it up. So it could be worth spending some time strengthening those before you get back into surfing. Basically...
I am currently injured and have a bum shoulder from overuse. I'm still trying to get to root cause and am in the middle of physical therapy. I've used chiropractic, massage therapy, rolfing and been to the doctor. I am headed for an MRI as well...
Rick P encouraged this.
Sandra P Yaay!!! I did it... at Lahinch, Ireland. One of the Top 10 surf beaches in the world for good reason. Fab - what a buzz!!
Lupita S encouraged this.
Sandra P My first surfing lesson is on Sunday and then 3 days of surf school in the West of Ireland - Tue to Thur next week. Wish me luck, People :-)
All sports’ participation carries some injury risk but this is heightened when sports fall into the ‘extreme’ category. Add a hazardous ocean environment into the mix and it is obvious to see why surfers are prone to a multitude of injuries both...
Why not ask for some advice from other Challenge takers, or read some of the Challenge guides first?OK, I'll keep working at it!