Eunice Y encouraged this.
Trying to get into the royal marines or looking to put your fitness to the test! This challenge is part of the royal marines fitness testing and it is not easy by far, so if you fail any of the components my advice is practice, practice, practice. Complete this and get that step closer to night-time boat assaults on enemy territory!!!
The basic test is split into two parts and you can complete them on separate days:
3 mile run split:
- Do a 1.5 mile run in under 12.5mins
- 10 min rest
- Do a second 1.5 mile run in under 10.5mins
- Press-ups in 2 mins (min target: 60)
- 2 mins rest
- Sit-ups in 2 mins (min target: 80)
- 2 mins rest
- As many pull-ups as you can do without letting go (min target: 6)
If you want to learn more about royal marine recruitment and the other fitness tests check this site out: http://www.hmforces.co.uk/training/articles/185-royal-marines-entrance-fitness-requirements
The Royal Marines fitness test Challenge rules
- Not all types of physical activity are suitable for everyone. Users take Challenges and training advice at their own personal risk.
“tried this one.. get 3rd place in Mens Fitness UK”
Show new updates
also the press ups are a certain type in prmc... check this site... Arms in line with shoulders, chest all the way to floor (only a clenched fist distance from floor).
Mark B encouraged this.
Eoin O Ok, so a 1.5mile run is 2.4km, and to beat 12:30 the pace needs to be 5:12min/k or less, then 10 min break and repeat.
Why not ask for some advice from other Challenge takers, or read some of the Challenge guides first?OK, I'll keep working at it!