The spring sunshine will soon have you reaching for a cool, refreshing beverage. Let this avocado and strawberry smoothie satiate your pallet whilst you sit outside soaking up the rays.
Now, before you start rolling your eyes, I do appreciate that you may be tired of people trying to ram avocado down your throat. This fruit seems to have developed a cult-like following; it wouldn’t surprise me if there was some sort of avocado-based religion.
However, if ever there were a food that deserved to be elevated to the level of a deity, then it’s probably the avocado. If you’ve been living under a rock for the past couple of years and have not yet been told what makes avocado a superfood, allow us to enlighten you...
Avocado is an excellent source of vitamin E, vitamin C, iron, potassium, B vitamins, fibre and monounsaturated fats.
- Iron is important in preventing fatigue and tiredness
- Potassium helps to reduce blood pressure; which is a risk factor for heart attacks, strokes and kidney failure.
- B vitamins help combat fatigue also fighting disease and infection
- Fibre can help with weight loss as it makes you feel fuller for longer
- Monounsaturated fats are healthy fats; which reduce inflammation and help lower bad cholesterol
- 200 grams strawberries
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 banana
- 150 grams plain yogurt
- 150 ml milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Blend it.